Since its establishment in 2014, Point Positive members have invested in seven different start-up or early stage companies including:
• Adk Packworks - an innovative bag and pack company that uses the classic Adirondack pack basket for design inspiration. Adk Packworks was acquired by New Adk in August, 2017.
• Wholeshare – an online marketplace that enables consumers to buy sustainable food and household products at wholesale prices through collective purchasing. Wholeshare was acquired by Direct Eats in late 2016.
• Pro Cat US (Rouse's Point, NY) - a boat manufacturing company that produces multi-hull workboats from its home base in the Champlain Valley. The boats are distinguished by a superior amount of deck workspace; fuel efficiency, safety and stability, and ability to navigate shallow waters.
• Thermo Tents dba Crua Outdoors (Saranac Lake, NY) – producing the world's very first properly insulated tents. The Company's insulation technology reduces the spikes in temperatures that occur in normal tents and helps to muffle the noise transfer in & out of the tent.
• Create O&P (Lake Placid, NY)– offering intuitive 3D printing and digital solutions to orthotists and prosthetists worldwide.
• Birch Boys Chaga (Tupper Lake, NY) - selling wholesale and retail Chaga tea to local and national retailers and consumers using chaga that's been sustainably harvested from the birch trees of the Adirondack Mountains.
• LC Drives (Potsdam, NY) - revolutionizing the electrical machines market.
"We are encouraged by the growing number of entrepreneurs seeking us out. It's exhilarating to hear their ideas and see the passion they bring to their ventures," says Adele Connors, one of Point Positive's founding members. "It's entrepreneurs like these that are going to lead the way to a more vibrant economy in our Region."